Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New-Orleans Carnival Mask

I was somewhat disappointed this year to no costume related gifts for Christmas, other than the Shoe-a-day calendar from my mom. I don’t want to sound ungrateful; I always appreciate that someone took the time to think of me and choose something they though would make me happy. Still, I’ve been spoiled* in years past with books on my favourite subject, and they were missing from under the tree.

So imagine how happy I was when Nancy-Raven gave me my Yule present tonight (mark your calendars: in 15 years of friendship, it is the first time we have exchanged our gifts during the holiday season – we usually manage to find time by Easter). It is a beautiful carnival mask she brought back from her trip to New-Orleans back in September. And lo! It is Silver and blue. It was meant for me!

New-Orleans Carnival Mask

I can’t stop staring at it. I feel inspired by it. It sort of reminds me of Sam's mask in A Cinderella Story (2004).

Hilary Duff as Sam Montgomery, A Cinderella Story (2004)

So now, I have to design a ball gown to go with it.

Hilary Duff as Sam Montgomery, A Cinderella Story (2004)

Don’t you just love creating a whole outfit to match one accessory? Occasions to wear such a costume can always be found later.

* I really do sound like a spoiled brat, don't I... Dear family, I truly did appreciated like everything I was given. Really! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do for me. I mean it!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! My friend went to Europe and brought me back a mask from Venice. My problem now is that I can't think of a costume fantastic enough to go with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete