Friday, April 30, 2010

Project: Sherbet Striped English Dress – Finished

I made it!

Sherbet Striped English Dress by Gwenyver

The contest closes at midnight, and I have sent in my submission with 15 minutes to spare. To think that a week ago I thought I would have more than enough time to finish without stressing. Pfff! I should really learn to know myself better.

Sherbet Striped English Dress - Front

Sherbet Striped English Dress - Back

Sherbet Striped English Dress - Bodice Detail

Sherbet Striped English Dress - Skirt Detail

Sherbet Striped English Dress - Sleeve Detail and Hat

Isn't it lovely, colourful and summery? I am quite happy with the result. I will have to pull out a few extra threads from the trim to make it look cleaner, and the lining is not completely sewn to the bodice, but these are minor details. The important thing is, I finished it in time.

For those of you who might wonder about my hat and hair do, I tried making thread loops inside the hat to pull bobby pins through and stick the whole thing to my head, but it is not the best solution. I think in the future, I will add ribbons to tie the hat to to my head. As to my hair, I tried using a Bumpit to fake a little poof, but I need more practice using it.

Do check out my submission page (in French only) here. Now I can't wait to see if I win! That would be nice, but there are many impressive entries, so I will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty and well made! I'm hunting for ideas on making a 16th century clothing from around the world to get more ideas for SCA clothes. I make my own clothes too but I'm ready to make something more intricate.

    ReplyDelete