Saturday, March 20, 2010

Young Academy of Irish Dance 1st Annual St Patrick's Day Show

I'm beat. Last night was our dance show and it went really well, but now I'm really tired. Here are a couple of pictures for you (that's all I have the energy for right now, sorry).

Novice Set

I'm the one in the middle. I have decided upon seeing that picture that I hate that shirt. It makes me look very bulky. Ah, well, too late now! At least I can reuse the skirt this summer. It's really cute!

Senior Choreography

Glitter and colour overload! Gotta love Irish Dancing for the over-the-top fashion we follow!

Senior Stamp

Many of us make our own dresses or get someone we know to make it. Can you guess which ones are professional dresses and which ones were made by us? (Answers upon request only.)

(P.S. Above pictures were taken by a hired photographer, but I have neither her name nor her information. I will add both as soon as I have them.)

Gwenyver at the Young Academy of Irish Dance 1st Annual St Patrick's Day Show

I got Nancy-Raven to take a picture of me at the end of the show (my Sweetheart was busy with my daughter). This week, I made a crown to match my dress; I also tried a couple of ways to lengthen my dress, both involving wearing an extra skirt underneath, but it didn't look good at all. Also, it is the first time I wore my wig. This thing is huge and heavy. Thankfully, it didn't fall off.

Now I will rest. I still have (yet another) parade tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment