Sunday, March 21, 2010

Veggie Dresses

Didn't your mom ever tell you not to play with your food? Good thing the people responsible for this PETA campaign didn't listen or we would not have these gorgeous evening dresses... made entirely of vegetables!

Okay, so I know the campaign in question isn't new, but in case you missed it, I wanted to showcase it here. The outfits made from these greens are incredible.

Note: this is not an endorsement.I'm all for humane treatment of animals, but I am a proud omnivore. These creations are presented here only for their originality.

Alyssa Milano for PETA

Have you noticed how the corset part of her bodice is made of asparagus?

Cloris Leachman for PETA

Is that what one might call a Cabbage Patch Granny? Love the pretty colour though!

Elizabeth Berkley for PETA

I wonder if it is possible to walk at all in these things? And how do they hold in place?

If I could find or make some silk cabbage leaves, you know that I would want to make myself one of these (but in durable and washable format), right?

No comments:

Post a Comment