Monday, March 15, 2010

Movie Monday: The Runaways

The 70's: a decade I haven't' talked about often. Let me correct that by presenting The Runaways (2010) on this fine Movie Monday. This movie chronicles the band The Runaways from their debut in 1975 to their breakup in 1977 following the overwhelming reaction of fans on their Japanese tour.

What does this mean for us costumers? Plenty of eye candy 70's Rocker fashion!

The original Runaways

By the way, look at this original picture and notice if you please the lingerie worn by Cherie Currie. Now look at this still from the movie:

The Runaways (2010)

I love it when I know the Costume Designer did their research.

On the actor's level, it's also nice to see Dakota Fanning (Cherie Currie) all grown up and Kristen Stewart (Joan Jett) act. I know this may potentially sound mean, but I find she is demonstrating more talent in the 1:30 minute trailer for The Runaways (2010) than I have seen her show in two Twilight movies (my opinion anyways). Good for her!

Grab your leather vests, Rocker chicks, this movie is coming to you soon!

Costumes for this moie were designed by Carol Beadle; this is Carol's first credit as Costume Designer, according to IMDB (and I think she did an amazing job, based on what I have seen in the movie trailer).

No comments:

Post a Comment