Monday, February 8, 2010

Movie Monday: The Wolfman

I don't like horror flicks. They give me nightmares.

Having said that, I cannot keep silent about The Wolfman (2010) coming out this Friday, which is of course inspired Inspired by the classic film The Wolf Man (1941). After all, it is set in Victorian times, which means Costumes! (Besides, as long as there is not too much blood and gore, I'm usually okay.)

Costumes are dark to reflect the gravity of the matter, but still, they include crinolines and top hats, so what is not to like?

Benicio Del Toro as Lawrence Talbot, Emily Blunt as Gwen Conliffe, and Sir Anthony Hopkins as Sir John Talbot, The Wolfman (2010)

Isn't it a little funny that Emily blunt gets to act in a movie set in Victorian times less than a year after playing the eponymous Queen? Just a thought.

I don't know yet if I will ever watch it, but don't let my squeamishness stop you.

Costumes for this movie were designed by Milena Canonero, winner of three Best Costume Design Oscars for Barry Lyndon (1975) - which she shared with Ulla-Britt Söderlund, Chariots of Fire (1981), and Marie Antoinette (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment