Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Weekly Wishlist: Snow/Ice Queen

It is one of the Compulsory Costumes on the list: The Snow/Ice Queen. I think it's there because so many costumers like to make their own version. Just type "ice queen" or "snow queen" in Google Image and you'll see what I mean.

For my own interpretation, which I have been working on for quite a few years, I see the dress and coat looking a little like Winter Fantasy™ Barbie® (2003), which I have on my shelf.

Winter Fantasy™ Barbie® (2003)

I like the idea of a shimmering dress and a white fur trimmed coat. For the belt buckle, I plan on using a metallic snow flake Christmas decoration type thing, which I can starting November in many different sores. As for the tiara, I would like something a little more "ice" like. For example, I really like this Swarovski Cristal tiara:

Swarovski Cristal Tiara

Generally speaking, I plan on getting all my accessories for this costume in the Christmas Decoration section of my local Zellers or Canadian Tire.

Hair wise, I had thought of getting custom made dreads in white, blond, silver and maybe light blue, to look like icicles; unfortunately, my favourite dread maker, Elliss Seven of LS Seven Hair, no longer takes custom orders, so I'm no longer sure exactly what I'll do. We'll see.

As for makeup, I have shimmering white powder which I can use on the top part of my face, shimmering turquoise powder I would use as eye shadow and blush, and silver lipstick for an icy look.

The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen has been one of my favourite stories since childhood. I could make a whole wardrobe for my Snow Queen if I didn't hold myself back.

No comments:

Post a Comment