Saturday, December 19, 2009

Progress Report: Finished Under Skirt (Red Taffeta Bustle Skirt)

Yeah! I finished the under skirt. OK, it's not exactly the most complicated piece ever, but at least something is done in this project and that makes me happy. Want to see? Of course you do!

Red Taffeta Bustle Skirt - Front

Red Taffeta Bustle Skirt - Side

Red Taffeta Bustle Skirt - Back

In case you are wondering, my Travel Bustle is under the skirt. I find it gives it a nice, light support. Discreet, but effective.

By now I can tell you that the pattern is not historical (for those of you who don't remember, I'm using Burda 7880). See those little white plastic rings on the back of the skirt? That is where you attach the over skirt to make it bustle. In reality, from what I have come to understand of Victorian bustle construction, the bustled over skirt should be gathered up using a system of rings and ribbon that hang down from the belt.

Still, it's going to look awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment