Monday, November 16, 2009

Movie Monday: New Moon

Like, oh my Gods, like New Moon (2009) is like totally coming out like next Friday (November 20th)!!!


How did you like my impression of a crazed teen? I guess it's because I'm happily paired up with my Sweetheart and we have a beautiful Baby, but I no longer go for the impossible teenager / century old vampire love dramas. I was a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) as a teen (made my own stakes and all) and I was very much moved by the love story with Angel, but no more. Waaaa!!! I'm growing up! Nooooooo!

Costuming in the Twilight Saga up to now has mostly consisted of street clothes as the story is happening now. But there was a Prom at the end of the last movie, and although I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing what Bella wears at my own Prom, it is kind of cute; it's just not glamorous enough for my taste for a prom, but it would make a fine party dress (hmmm... Holidays are coming, I wonder if I might find the time to...).

Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan and Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen, Twilight (2008)

And I mean, come on, it's blue. "Watery colours!"

From what I can gather from the New Moon trailer, Red Cloaks will be in order for next Halloween!

If you would like to find more information and pictures about the costumes in Twilight (2008) and New Moon (2009), visit The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes - Twilight (for the Blue prom dress mainly), or visit Natsuame's Blog for help on finding the costume pieces worn in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment