Monday, August 17, 2009

Movie Monday: The Young Victoria

By now you must know that I love Victorian Fashion. So imagine, a movie about the Lady herself! The Young Victoria, directed by Quebecer Jean-Marc Vallée, will be closing the Toronto International Film Festival this year. It will the go on to be released in the US on November 13, 2009 (even though it's been out since March in the UK and it's already in DVD over there).



Did I mention the costumes? It's a great show of the evolution from Romantic period to what we know as early Victorian, and I have to say, both Men and Women's costumes are well made, representing perfectly the look of the time (I know, I'm usually more of a girly-girl, big dresses costume type). If you are interested in reproducing one, or just get inspired, I strongly suggest you visit The Young Victoria's page at The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes (by Maggie, creator of The Padawan's Guide). My personal favorite? Definitely the Green Gown.

Rupert Friend and Emily Blunt as Prince Albert and Queen Victoria, The Young Victoria (2009)

2 comments:

  1. Je bave.... Si on allais voir le film ensemble ? :D

    Yaurait pas une présentation pour mères ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je n'arrive même pas à savoir quand il sortira en salle au Québec et si je ne l'ai pas manqué déjà, mais c'est en effet sur ma liste de "À voir absolument".

    ReplyDelete