Friday, July 31, 2009

Current and Upcoming Cosplay Events: Otakuthon, Pennsic, Montréal Highland Games, Fêtes de la Nouvelle-France, Anticipation

Summer is a very busy period for a Costumer. There are just so many Events and Cosplay possibilities! And as I can't make it to any of them this year, I'll just have to reminisce about the ones I've been to in the past while I wait for my Friends to share their pictures (you hear that Friends? I want pictures!) and stories, which I'll then pass on to you with their permissions of course.

So here is the program: in case you might want to plan a last minute trip / costume, I'll list every event coming up in the following week right now, and then I'll post some of my pictures from previous years on the day of, or first day of each one of them. So here goes:

Otakuthon - July 31 to August 2, 2009: Montréal's Anime Convention, Montréal, QC.
Pennsic War XXXVIII - July 24 to August 7, 2009 (War Week - July 31 to August 7, 2009): The SCA's annual camping event and War between The Kingdoms of the East and the Middle, Slippery Rock, PA.
The Montréal Highland Games - August 2, 2009: Montréal's annual Scottish Festival, Pierrefonds, QC.
Les Fêtes de la Nouvelle-France - August 5 to 9, 2009: Celebration of the arrival of the first Europeans on American soil through the Régime Français, Québec (City), QC.
Anticipation - August 6 to 10, 2009: The 67th World Science-Fiction Convention, Montréal, QC.

Once again, I remind you that donations of pictures will be welcome by your host, the maternity-leave-stay-at-home Costumeholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment